Friday 30 December 2011

Newark Air Museum, Tuesday 13th December

To get the visual design Christmas project kick started, the vehicle design project, I decided to visit Newark Air Museum with first fee day out of uni to gather some research and also for something cool to do in my spare time.


The place is really awesome and they've got a lot more there than I was expecting, in total they have almost seventy air craft on display as well as a number of aircraft artefacts and aero engines.


They have some really impressive aircraft on display including a Vulcan, Saab Viggen, a Mikoyan-Gurevich Mig-23ML 'Flogger' capable of flying at over twice the speed of sound! and of course our very own Royal Navy sea Harrier! 


After the visit I've got lots of ideas floating around in my head for vehicle design and function and will 'hopefully' start work soon.


Vulcan
Sea Harrier
Aero Engine
Unfortunately work didn't begin straight away because I bought an air-fix kit of a Euro-fighter Typhoon, naturally! Well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment